Do you know what makes it far more easy to consume a vegan diet that is alkaline? Cheese. Isn’t that what you’re currently missing deep every time you like an Italian style meal or a salad? You are not alone.
For starters, it’s often highly processed and full of antibiotics and hormones, which can upset digestive health and our hormone balance. Additionally it is if we are currently trying to find an disease-free body acid-forming, which isn’t good. I don’t like to stress the negative with ‘foods’ and create guilt because you are eating cheese and guilt, which can be worse than cheese if you do indulge. Make sure that it is good, if you’re going to have a little once in a while, eat it sitting down, and enjoy every morsel. Faux cheese. Nut-based, rawcheese. Be ready for a surprise if this sounds about as exciting to you as a toothbrush on your pillowcase that was trick-or-treating.
Are cashews and macadamia nuts. They are sweet and bland, and blend into cheese-like creaminess, not unlike dairy. They’re soaked releasing their enzyme-inhibitors, and mixed with unpasteurized miso apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, water and seaweed salt . 24 hours will include sort of goat cheese, some bacteria and tang. It is actually not to consume it all it is that good.
You might need to add some water to keep things blending, if you do not have a blender.
This tastes creamy and flavorful by itself, but if you believe you (or your guests/family) will need additional trickery (it is made from nuts after all), then add a few additional flavours. Will mask whatever dairy flavour that is subtle might or might not have been there to start with. With these aromas that are additionalis that you made your boursin cheese. Or the goat cheese on the top with the ingredients.
Add which goat cheese would be welcome. Roll in basil and serve with olives, crumble roasted butternut squash over, top off your lentil soup, or spread it. Oh, and you’ll have to sit down to eat this cheese.
- ½ c Macadamia Nuts, soaked for 12+ hours, drained and rinsed
- ½ c Cashews, soaked for 12+ hours, drained and rinsed
- ¼ c Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp unpasteurized Miso
- ½ tsp Sea(weed) Salt
- Water, as needed
- In a blender, blend the nuts, lemon juice, raw apple cider vinegar, miso and salt. Add water sparingly, just enough to help it blend smoothly. This will take 1-5 minutes, depending on your blender.
- Transfer to a jar, cover and put somewhere dark-ish and warm for 24 hours.
- If you had to add extra water, strain through cheesecloth, hanging in the fridge.
- Otherwise, store in the jar, in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. It will firm up even more once cold.