My dad tells me that joy is tied up in expectations. You are not as likely to be disappointed if you keep your expectations at a place. I have found this advice when creating this cashew cheese, and I offer it up now.
Do not get me wrong, this spread is scrumptious. But if you turn anticipating this to taste like cheese you could be a bit disappointed. If you think of it you’ll be delighted with the results.
However, it does not taste like cheese”.
For those of you with food, water and pureed seeds or nuts are utilised to make cheeze. Macadamias raw almonds, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, and seeds make vegan cheezes However, cashews yield the best results when making spreads.
You may add flavorings or some aromatics for this recipe. Pulse and add to taste. I like to maintain this cashew spread the consequences of ricotta or hummus so that it behaves as a cream cheese spread slathered on sandwiches, or that is fantastic with chips, crackers, or veggie sticks or wraps.
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup filtered water, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat leaf parsley (optional)
For flavor variations, omit the parsley from the base recipe and add:
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 small green chile, ribbed, seeded, and minced or 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons truffle-infused olive oil, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hulled tahini
- Drain the soaked cashews and rinse thoroughly.
- Throw the cashews into the food processor with the other ingredients (except the parsley) and pulse until you reach your desired consistency. Add more water as needed. Tweak lemon juice, garlic, salt, and onion powder to taste.
- Transfer the cheese to a bowl, and stir through the parsley.