Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe Building a cheese sauce that is vegan couldn’t be more easy. You start off with a standard vegan white sauce — also known as Bechamel Sauce (seems so fancy!) . And with only a few extras that are added, it turns into cheese sauce! To that you add some salt, black pepper, mustard (excellent for adding a cheesy flavor do not ask me why — I don’t have any idea — but actually it works!) And some nutritional yeast.If that you really need to go mad, you can even add in some grated vegan cheese for additional cheesiness and you have the most divine vegan cheese sauce.
Use this cheese sauce is necessary, on your lasagna, to get a cheese and mac sauce, over a few vegan ‘meats’ or even merely to jazz up your veggies.
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard
- Sprinkle Black Pepper
- Sprinkle Sea Salt
- 4 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Grated Vegan Cheese (optional)
- Add olive oil into a pot on the stove and Then turn the Heat to medium large.
Into the petroleum, stirring all of the time.
- Fry the oil and flour together – stirring continuously
- If it begins to stick, turn down your heat.
- Following four minutes include in all of the soy milk simultaneously. Stir vigorously.
- Continue to stir fry until the sauce starts to thicken.
- You will usually achieve the Ideal depth a few
- When it’s reached the desired depth eliminate from
- Stir in the mustard, salt, and black pepper and nutritional yeast.
Serving size: ½ cup (~1/4 of the recipe) Calories: 166 Fat: 12.3g Saturated fat: 1.6g Carbohydrates: 6.9g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 112mg Fiber: 1.4g Protein: 5.4g