The Way to Make Delicious Chicken Soup This raw vegan feta cheese is an great recipe. It is flexible and so tasty that I am positive you’ll find heaps of approaches to use in your kitchen. But before we proceed any further, I want to create something clear. It is 100% totally and completely goat-free cow-free and sheep-free. Promise. Which generates the salty, tangy flavor that is, but there is no cheese and no feta. I used my cheese I really like it on crackers or toast, and occasionally I will just eat it straight. I use this cheese everywhere you will need a tangy ingredient, either cooked or raw. You will be glad you added your repertoire and this kitchen staple. So if I wanted to give it a completely accurate title, it’d be more like “salty sour garlicky almond paste”, but it doesn’t sound quite as attractive, does it? What it does give you is a cheese. I use my vegan feta cheese in my veggie rolls and within my vegan sausage rolls, which my children love. Yay! (Although in our home, they do not go by that name. Shhhhhh!)
- 1 1/3 cup (200g) almonds, whole
- 1/3 cup (80g) lemon juice
- scant 1/4 cup (50ml) cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 med (10g) garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup + 4 tsp (100ml) water*
- Put everything into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up if required.
Before: 12 hours (optional, to pre-soak almonds)
During: 10 mins
After: 2 hours (to firm up)
*If soaking almonds overnight, use 50ml water, instead of 100ml.