It is stretchy, has a lovely color like cheddar sauce would look like, taste amazing and it is absolutely ideal for nachos.
Lindsay’s Nacho Cheese Recipe recipe motivated me and adapted it from there. I added some ingredients and the result exceeded my expectations!
Who’d have thought that you could use carrots and potatoes to create an cheese sauce?! Really. . This was wonderful!
I used this nacho cheese recipe for pasta. I will post that recipe. The quantities below will be sufficient for a bowl of nacho sauce just plus for 2-3 portions of nacho cheese pasta that is tasty. You can eat it because it’s too! It’s addictive!
Hope know how it turned out for you!
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in small cubes
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 5 Tbsps nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Tbsps tapioca starch/flour
- some water (the water from boiled veggies)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1½ tsp salt
- Boil veggies until tender – 20 minutes. Remove from heat and leave them in the water for 10 more minutes.
- Drain them, save some water, about 1½ cup, maybe a little bit more.
- Put all ingredients in the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add water, little by little, until you reach the desired consistency. It has to be smooth and semi-liquid.
- Pour the mixture in a large pan over medium heat.
- Stir continuously. You’ll see that this “sauce” will thicken and get sticky. Stir for about 10 minutes.